Gentle chiropractic, also known as low-force chiropractic or non-force chiropractic, is a subset of chiropractic care that utilises gentle techniques and approaches to address various musculoskeletal issues and promote overall wellness. Unlike traditional chiropractic adjustments that involve quick and forceful thrusts, gentle chiropractic focuses on using milder and more controlled methods. Some of these methods include NetworkSpinal, SOT, Activator and more.
Here are some ways gentle chiropractic can help:
1. Pain relief: Gentle chiropractic adjustments can help alleviate pain in the back, neck, shoulders, hips, and other areas of the body. It can be particularly beneficial for individuals who are sensitive to more forceful adjustments or have certain medical conditions that require a gentler touch.
2. Improved joint mobility: Gentle chiropractic techniques aim to improve joint mobility and range of motion. By targeting specific joints and using less force, the chiropractor can enhance joint function without causing discomfort or undue stress on the body.
3. Reduced muscle tension: Gentle chiropractic techniques can release muscle tension and tightness, promoting relaxation and reducing the risk of muscle spasms.
4. Enhanced nervous system function: Chiropractic care, even in its gentle form, is based on the principle that misalignments in the spine (subluxations) can interfere with the nervous system. By realigning the spine gently, the chiropractor aims to improve nerve function and overall health.
5. Holistic approach: Gentle chiropractic care often takes a more holistic approach to health and wellness. Chiropractors may provide advice on lifestyle modifications, exercises, and stretching routines to support the body's natural healing processes.
6. Suitable for all ages: Gentle chiropractic techniques are generally safe and suitable for people of all ages, including infants, children, pregnant women, and seniors.
7. Preventive care: Regular visits to a gentle chiropractor may help prevent future musculoskeletal issues by addressing minor misalignments before they become more significant problems.
8. Non-invasive alternative: For individuals seeking a non-invasive alternative to traditional medical treatments or who prefer to avoid medications or surgeries, gentle chiropractic can be a viable option.
Do you think you could benefit from gentle chiropractic? Book your appointment online with Dr Kathryn by clicking here.